Princess ky 3

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentines

Mark and I had predetermined that we weren't going to give each other gifts for Valentines. Although he did buy me flowers on Saturday, but he said it was because I was sick and not for Valentines. I felt bad because I didn't even make him a card or anything. But our play group decided at the last minute to exchange Valentines. It was late at night when I found out we were going to do this, so I decided to just make some cards on the computer. I taped a couple of dum dum suckers to the card. I thought it looked cute. That and I didn't have to buy anything. My kids don't really like suckers, and these we have had since Halloween. I was glad I had done it. I arrived a little late so Alex could finish her morning nap, and when we got there one of the little girls was so excited to share her Valentine's with us. She ran and met the stroller, and gave my girls their Valentine. I thought it was so cute. My girls didn't know what to think of it. They were more interested in getting to the play ground. So I ended up handing out theirs to the other kids. But some of the older girls were glad to receive their cards.
It was a cold day that day, and I think we brought home more than just Valentines. Both of my girls got a cold this week. Alex has gotten it the worst. She has such a drippy nose. I felt so bad I even went out and got her the tissues with lotion in them because I have had to wipe her little nose so often.
I decided I need to document some of the things my girl are doing and saying. First of all Sarah. She was student of the month this month for Academic. She is the best in her class at math. She didn't even have math homework the other day because she had mastered the technique. She is off the chart at reading. She was also awarded student of the month for her art work. She had a school sock hop on Friday. They had a hoola hoop contest, and she was one of the last 4 standing. She was awesome. They stopped it at 4 because they just kept going and going.
Annadele is growing bigger every day. We are still trying to potty train her. She is doing pretty good when it come to going pee, but not once has she tried to go # 2 in the potty chair. I defiantly remember why I don't do cloth diapers. Her daddy has taught her to call me "beautiful mommy". Her big sister has taught her " Oh Snap!", and "like a boss", and some play ground song "My name is Ei, Ei, nick i nie, nick i nie, pom pom poodle, willy willy whisker, my name is Elvis Presley, boys are messy, sittin in hot tub, drinking diet Pepsi..." I love to hear her say, "Oh, that is so stylish." Because of super why she can now sing the whole alphabet song. It is amazing what she picks up. We try not to say "stupid" in our house, and if I do she will catch me and say mommy we don't say that word. Sometimes I have to think about what I said, and then I will realize it.
Both of my girls love to help me when I am cleaning. I had to get a picture of them helping me clean the toilet. Of course there was so much water on the floor and both of them I had to change them. But at least right now they want to be mommy's helpers.
Alex amazes me sometimes. I was just thinking of Annadele at about this age. She is out doing her in some areas. She is getting better at feeding her self. She uses that spoon and fork pretty good. I don't even think we let Annadele even hold the spoon and fork till she was about this age. She is talking more and more. She says mommy, daddy, hi, bye bye, Jesus but more like Jeus, tank u for thank you, tonight I heard yo welcome. She is repeating things more and more. She loves to be with her big sisters. Her new thing is to take everything out of the diaper bag and my purse and strew them all over the house. She also likes to chew on lids of things. I was taking a shower this week when she came in with white something all over her mouth. Freaked me out. She had found some ointment that I used for Annadele's skin, and was chewing on the lid and holding the bottle. She was fine, but loves to scare mommy. Sarah taught her how to high five this week.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Love the updates. I've been thinking of you lately and wondering how you all are. It was good to hear. so what is your play group? It sounds like a good thing.

Monica said...

Love the updates. I've been thinking of you lately and wondering how you all are. It was good to hear. so what is your play group? It sounds like a good thing.

Mandos said...

Sounds like the girls are doing well!!! Love the updates. :)