Princess ky 3

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies


So I was in the shower Tuesday morning, and I got a crazy idea to invite the play group that we go to on Tuesday's over for making sugar cookies on Friday. I called Mark just to make sure it was okay with him. There were a couple of moms who had something going on, and one family had sick kids. But I thought I would prepare for the most and just hope people would remember and come.
Thursday I cleaned the house and I made the cookie dough so it could chill. I think it is easier to roll out when it is a little cold. We also had an interview that night with the Bishop regarding our temple cancellation's and sealing. He wanted us to review all the paper work to make sure it is correct, and he gave us a worthiness interview. Now he will send it to our stake president, we have an interview with him and then it will go to the first presidency. Yea, it is finally moving forward. Our bishop said that once it goes to the first presidency, it is only taking 2 to 3 weeks. Wow that is fast. I pray it can continue to move forward.
Friday was cookie day. I told people to come from 10am - 12pm. This was the best time for me because of my kids nap time. That and I didn't feel like I could feed everyone lunch too. Cyndie Reynolds and her two kids Allie and Hunter came. Annadele loved having Allie here. They had fun cutting the cookie dough. And I saw Allie decorate a cookie and then eat it. I thought it was cute. Then Laura Jones came with her daughter Jane. Alex wasn't so sure about having people here, but she was playing with all of the kids in the end. I had made two batches of cookie dough to make sure I had enough. The two moms hardly took any cookies. Just enough to give their kids in school a cookie. I had promised Sarah I would save her some cookies to decorate. I had plenty of cookies. I even saved a little dough so she could cut some out if she chose to. But she was able to decorate a lot of cookies. The bad thing is I didn't take one picture. I even had my camera on the counter to remind me.
That afternoon I saw we were going to have really nice weather. It was 70 degrees. perfect park weather. So after we picked up Sarah from school, we went to the park that is on the way home. It is a nice park with lots of slides. Even the perfect slide for Alex to go down on her own. My little miss independent.
Saturday night Mark made a beef soup. He asked me to pull out a potato, and I pulled out this heart shaped potato. I know I can't remember to take pictures of my cookies but a heart shaped potato. Well I thought it was pretty cool, especially considering it is going to be Valentines.
So to spread the cheer, and not have so many cookies in the house we spent Sunday night for family home evening delivering cookies. We gave some to Mark's two home teaching families, a couple of the moms who weren't able to make it on Friday, and even a plate to Sarah's Grandma who lives in our ward. It felt really nice to be able to do that, and every house we went to they were really glad to receive our cookies.

2 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Way to go having people over for cookie making. I'm glad some people showed up although you made plenty of dough. It's always hard knowing how many people to plan for. Yay!!! for moving forward on your sealing. Let us know because we will FOR SURE want to come!!! That is crazy that their was a heart shaped potato. At first I was thinking that somehow Mark had made you a heart shaped potato. I guess that wouldn't have been easy to do.:)

Monica said...

Way to go on having cookie making time. It sounds like fun. Sometimes a small group is better and more intimate. You can get to know people better. I made sugar cookies with just my kids and we ate the whole batch in one day. I'm sure if I had doubled the batch they would have eaten those too. So good job on spreading the joy.

I'm so glad things are moving forward on the sealing. That is exciting. You'll have to keep us updated.