Princess ky 3

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It is finally happening!!!

I have really good news.  We got our letters of clearance and cancellation.  I am so excited.  I never dreamed it would be this fast.  I was even contemplating trying to have our sealing earlier, but I think it will be best if we just keep June 9th as the date.  How cool will this be that I get to be sealed on the same day we were married.  At least I don't have to try to remember two different dates. 
We have been having some crazy weather here.  Last Saturday we were supposed to go to a birthday party for a boy in our ward Brenner.  It got moved to this Saturday because it ended up being cold and rainy in the 60's.  Well this Saturday we had total opposite weather.  It was sunny and 95 degrees.  This is too much of a jump for my body to handle.  I think too much for my girls too because they both have colds now.  We had a good time at the party but I tried to stay in the shade as much as possible.
Back at Christmas time, I was asked if I wouldn't join the ward choir.  They are always looking for people to come sing, and support them.  Of course I said I would, so Mark stays home with the girls so I can go.  Our Stake President has decided this year that he doesn't want any rest hymns in our sacrament programs.  He wants the wards to have musical numbers from the ward to perform.  So the choir is performing about once a month to help with this.  We have also had all of the different programs like primary, young women's,  young men's, all of the men, and soloist.  We have even had some amazing instrument pieces.   I think our ward music director is getting desperate because she has asked me to sing a solo.  She twisted my arm, but I said yes.  I tried to tell her I have a choir voice not a soloist voice.  But she prevailed.  I told her I don't have music so to pick a song for me.  So we will see.  I don't even know when they want me to do this.  I hope it is not too soon because I will need to practice it to death.  I know I will be nervous.  Being in front of people is not my cup of tea, but we are not supposed to hide our talents under a bushel.  I hope I am not sorry I said yes.
I have these knots in my shoulder blades, and on my left side it was throbbing.  So much so that it woke me up in the middle of the night on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Mark tried to message me, and it helped a little.  He was a real sweet heart and got me an appointment with the message school that is close to our house.  Oh how I wished I lived in Utah so I could call Manda.  The session was good, but when she was working on my shoulders, I was clamping my teeth because it hurt so bad.  It was a good hurt but it still hurt.  When she realized she was hurting me she backed off her pressure.  I just wanted her to get at those knots.  I can't remember the last time I had a message.  It was so good.  I think more than once a year is in order. 

4 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

We are so excited for you guys and we will be there with bells on!!! How exciting that you get to sing. You will do a great job. I'm sure all that Karaoke can't hurt any of us right? :) Can't wait to see you in a week!!!

Monica said...

I'm so excited for your sealing! I'm coming with mom. I'm excited to see you all. How fun that your doing a solo. Whish we could come. You will do great!

Monica said...

I'm so excited for your sealing! I'm coming with mom. I'm excited to see you all. How fun that your doing a solo. Whish we could come. You will do great!

Mandos said...

ok So I would be sooo nervous to do a solo. But then I can't sing you can. You will be great! I wish I was there to help your shoulder. I AM amazing, you know...LOL!