Princess ky 3

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's gotta start somewhere

Okay first post. Let's start off by saying. I'm a Nevadan, there I've said it. It's my home and where I'm going to live for at least another 12 years. Okay, with that part accepted let me state I've been brought up in New York and a major part of me will always belong there. My last trip to New York confirmed it. I was back and saw all my family and friends and even the weather which was uncomfortable at times was fine. I miss the house I have here and my ward because I do love the people here but I just don't have the connection as I do back in New York.

These two though. As long as I'm with them then I'm truly home. This is the start of our vacation and it's like 11PM on Friday night (June 6). As you can see they are prepared to sleep on the plane both of them in their PJ's. We're at the Las Vegas airport and getting ready to depart. Just to satisfy your morbid curiosity here's me with my Merilee.


Can you tell we haven't been married even a whole year when this pic was taken?
Well first stop was Minneapolis. It wa 5:47 am local time so we could trek to the Mall of America unlike the last time I was there. But we did manage to get some tasty breakfast sandwiches. My two ladies were able to get some sleep on the first leg but unfortunately not too much on the second leg.



But we made it as you can see.
We rested somewhat and then made it to my friend Herb's house.

It was his eldest (of three) daughter's confirmation party. There she is cutting the cake with
her mom right behind her. The other two people behind her is my brother Sonny and hs wife Racel.
There were plenty others at Christina's confirmation.

My niece Rachael and Herb's youngest daughter Natalie.
Herb's middle child Rebecca and my awesome nephew and Godson Russell.
The next day was Sarah's New York birthday. And sadly I hardly took any pictures.
But here is what I did take.


Rachel my niece and her BOYFRIEND?
*sigh* she has a boyfriend and he's a nice guy. His name is Anton and he really listens to her.

Jeff Hedberg, Me my Bro, and Mike Caroll my brother from another mother (and father)
and our friend Danny and Russell.


Sarah got quite a fashion haul at this party. Clothes galore!!!
Having her yummy cake and eating it too!

The day was HOT!!!! and it ended with a rainstorm. Sarah & Merilee had a ton of fun playing!
I even took a small video of them playing in the rain

In the end it was a great firs two days. There was also a place I forgot to take the camera
when I took them to stewleonards. It's a cross between a high-end grocery store and disneyland.

The next post will deal with a very busy Monday.

2 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Best First Post of a Blog Award. Thanks Mark. Those Pictures are Fun.

Mom in Orem said...

Wow! Another Blog! they are so cool because not only are they fun to read but they are great for catching up and seeing movies and pictures.

It is starting to take me all night to look at all of them though.

Thanks Mark. Great fun!